Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using JOB record in an QUERY MANAGER outer join. Need help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

commish252

Technical User
Jun 13, 2012
US
Within Peoplesoft Query Manager, I need to extract PSOPRDEFN fields OPRID and EMPLID, and if a JOB record is found extract DEPTID and EMPL_STATUS. Some EMPLID fields in the PSOPRDEFN are null. Research showed that I cannot do an outer join on a table that is effective-dated, and JOB is. Can anyone give me an alternative? Thanks.

Hi commish252,
Do you need to use JOB? Are you running the employees refresh process - if so PS_EMPLOYEES will have the current snapshot for all active employees removing the need for the effective date logic.

Thanks, but I still get an automatic Max EFFDT criteria added within the Query Manager when I use PS_EMPLOYEES and it doesn't change my results. Any other ideas?

You can delete the max effdt/sequence criteria as it serves no purpose against this table/materialised view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back