Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using JFileChooser on the Web

Status
Not open for further replies.

patricktwo

Programmer
Jul 6, 2002
US
Can I use JFileChooser to list files on the web at a given URL. If so, how do I go about it. If not how do I select files to open on the web.

Hi patricktwo:

You can call GUI components in web if you have an Applet, and since an applet runs in the client machine, a file chooser will list files on the client filesystem (anyway you can't access those files, if your applet is not signed).

You must create your own Chooser, which must receive a list of the files from the server, so it will show them and you can check which one has been selected by the user. Extend from JDialog.

Hope it helps.
Pedro Andrés Solorzano
Pontificia Universidad Javeriana
Bogotá, Colombia, SurAmérica.

I found that I could not use JFileChooser. It was an application running on my machine. It was for a class project. The way I got around it was to have the user input the file name.

Thanks anyway.

Hi patricktwo:

So, it was in web, or was a standalone? Why can't you use it? Pedro Andrés Solorzano
Pontificia Universidad Javeriana
Bogotá, Colombia, SurAmérica.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back