Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using Java and Perl (JPL?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmazzini

Programmer
Jan 20, 2004
US
Hi mates

I have been using perl almost for 3 years. I am planning to start working with Java, due to the fact that I really need powerful graphical interface (its not really the case, because I could use Tk or Win32::GUI). The case is there are as well some Java libraries are already built for some other people. Some processes are being executed using java commands and other reasons.....

But, I would like to "reuse" my Perl skills, specially because I have a lot of templates ready to implement. I have tested scripts for Database connection to the Oracle Databases, unix scripting, many SQL query already done etc. I can say, if I can use my perl code on this project I would save a lot of time.

Any advices how to develop a Java application running on windows, it access a Oracle Database running on Unix Server with an specific Network Management System.

Let's say that I know very well how the develop apilcation using perl and the Unix Server and the NMS...So, just I need to develop a java application (windows Operating System) with a very nice graphical user interface that will reuse some java libraries already created and it will access this Unix and NMS system.

Did you follow me...???

Searching on the net how to start integrating these two great languages, I found something called "JPL". It's basically Java in which the methods can optionally be implemented by Perl code.

Do you have any experience with JPL?
Advices or recommendation guys??

Thanks in advance.

dmazzini
GSM System and Telecomm Consultant

Hi,
I posted something similar (not about JPL though) a long time back here. You may find it of interest:

---
cheers!
san
smoking3vc.gif

print length "The answer to life, universe & everything!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back