Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using IP office 500v2 with pri and sip

Status
Not open for further replies.

pccsipoffice

Technical User
Apr 17, 2012
US
We are looking at converting the IP Office over to sip but keep the pri for a time.
23 channel pri to 23 channel sip trunks.
I would assume that if Twining is on the Phone would still twin using the
settings to apply to pri transferred calls and the sip DID assigned.
Any thoughts?

in other words
I would assume that if Twining is on, the sip did assigned to it would work
for twinning. The PRI settings for transferred calls to twin should still work as well.

Any thoughts?

It would depend on how your Incoming and Outgoing Group IDs were set up on the PRI vs SIP trunks and your Short codes for dialing out. Personally I would never replace PRI with SIP, that's a downgrade in my opinion.

I cant disagree with you. There are some concerns about changing it. I would want to test it before any big move is made.
I believe that the dial out id is for their main number for all sets. Dial 9 for PRI
Maybe if it works out I can use the ARS table to get calls to sip if pri is full. Eventually it would be all sip.
There is a lot of savings there!

Nortel4Ever said:
I would never replace PRI with SIP

I haven't seen a real PRI in years. They're all delivered via SIP, and then converted to TDM at the customer's site.

@nnaarrnn I guess I'm lucky up here in Alberta, Canada we only have two Telcos to deal with, one is the original Telco who delivers PRI the correct way, the other is a cable TV company that expanded into being an ISP and telephone provider and they deliver PRI via SIP through an SBC, but it's not as good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back