Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using INFORMATION_SCHEMA Views

Status
Not open for further replies.

DocFKNx

Programmer
Jan 2, 2002
US
I'm trying to query SQL INFORMATION_SCHEMA views with Crystal but when I use Set Location the INFORMATION_SCHEMA views are not listed. Am I missing something here?

Thanks!

X

Doc,

Can you create a new report and add these views?

Sunny

Not sure if I understand. I created a new report and was trying to set the Database Location to point to the views. If you look under the master database you can see them listed but under any other user database they are not listed. They aren't listed in Enterprise Manager either but you can clearly query them. I'm just looking for a trick to reference them as a data source for a report. Thanks!

X

Doc,

Check your ODBC permissions. That happens at my location sometimes. If the permissions are correct, try creating a new odbc and make the db (master or system? wherever the views are that you are wanting) the default db. Test the connection to make sure it works. Then try the new report again.

They aren't listed in enterprise manager? Not even under views? If you use qry analyzer can you select * from one of them? If you do sp_help in qry analyzer do those views show up?

Sunny

YES you can query INFORMATION_SCHEMA.views from any user database. Only under master are they listed in enterprise manager. This is the curious part. You can query them but WHERE are they?!?!

Thanks!

X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back