Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using InDesign CS2 - unable to open unknown QXD file

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wendyleung821

Technical User
Jul 27, 2005
US
Hi Everyone ... I NEED HELP DESPERATELY!!!

I started learning and using Adobe InDesign CS2 less than a month ago. My boss wants me to take over 99% of the graphic design projects here (at my work place). I am doing okay with everything, BUT my soon-to-be-my-project is driving me insane. I need to make simple changes to this project that was created by another person. However, this person used Quarkxpress to create it and I have no idea what version did she used.

I have been trying to open the file and it's not allowed. Is there a way I can convert that file or open that file in any way? Or should I just quit than shoot myself???? Please HELP ... I am desperate!!

If it does not open, then it must be a Quark 5 or a Passport file. Get someone to open the QXD and to resave it down as a single language Quark 4 file.

- - I hope this helps - -
[sub](Complain to someone else if it doesn't)[/sub]

Thanks for replying and the information.

Is it possible if I open that file with the newest Quark ans resave it under a esp file? Because someone told me there is an option to do that. Or is that option only available with the older version of Quark?

Quark can always save out separate EPS files for each page but doing this will prevent you from editing the design within InDesign. You will only be placing an EPS image in InDesign.

When it becomes an EPS file, then the only I can edit it is to use the Adobe Illustrator.

Wow ... what a drag with this whole thing. Thank you for all your help.

What we've been doing here at work is like jimoblak said, opening up the documents in Quark and saving all the way back to Quark 4, and it works beautifully.. and is fully editable.

Well I just emailed the printing company and see if they can save it to Quark 4. They are going to do their best to convert it so I can work on it.

You would think upgrade is a good thing ... but boy, what a drag with this!!!

Robin,

My boss wants me to take over 99% of the graphic design projects here (at my work place)

It does not appear that 'vice versa' is necessary since Wendy can send press ready PDF files back to the printer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back