Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

using hyperterm to gather dnb report info

Status
Not open for further replies.

lanrucj

Technical User
Mar 8, 2009
US
when i use hyperterm to log in to my pbx i get the following screen. what is the pdt? usually i hit 7 to get a port number and then select a port and from there i am able to login.

i do have procom but not sure how to capture the dnb into a text file to i can run the dnber report on it. what i am doing is looking for ext assigned to multiple phones, is there a simple way to find that out right from the pbx itself?

1 Read Mass Memory
2 Search Mass Memory
3 Count Matching Strings in Mass Memory
4 Status Report
5 Display I/O Port Status
6 Clear Mass Memory
7 Go Transparent to Host Port
X Logout

Command: 7
Which host port? (1,2) 1
OK - use <control>] A to terminate

pdt>

Somebody logged into PDT. Type EXIT to get out of it and get back to the switch overlays.

Go to LD 20
REQ: PRT
TYPE: DNB
CUST: 0
DN: xxxx
(hit return until it shows you all TNs that the DN is on)

War Eagle!
Lions Baseball '09!

thanks, but i need to get a system wide report. so is there a way to just list all ext on that are multiple phones.

also, i have never seen this before when logging in on hyperterm. looks like i am in the pbx just can get this pdt to go away and login or execute commands.

pdt>
TRK326 122 18

TIM622 14:15 10/4/2009 CPU 1

lanrucj,

Do as instructed... Exit from PDT and follow telebub's advice to print all your DNB information.

Capture the information to a text file (dnb.txt), then go to pepedog.com/meridian and download the dnober.xls file and this will parse your text file into a readable spreadsheet.

Also download the mv.xls and capture your TNB data and use the MV file to parse all your TNB data into a nice spreadsheet.

i knew it was something simple. just type exit, i cant believe i didnt try that.

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back