Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using Host Authentication via CICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aphramzo

Programmer
May 14, 2007
US
I have a web application that interfaces with Ellipse 5.2.3.8 using MIMSJ and CICS. Recently one of our clients made a change on the Ellipse UI Login Properties page. They had been using “Host User Edit” and “Host Password Edit” and not “User Edit” and “Password Edit”.

So, when connecting to ellipse we had something like this:

oMIMSConnect.setParameter oMIMSConnect.MIMSX_PARAM_USERNAME, “some_name”
oMIMSConnect.setParameter oMIMSConnect.MIMSX_PARAM_PASSWORD, “some_password”
oMIMSConnect.setParameter oMIMSConnect.MIMSX_PARAM_MIMSUSER, “”
oMIMSConnect.setParameter oMIMSConnect.MIMSX_PARAM_MIMSPASSWORD, “”

Recently they turned on “Use Host Login” and all the sudden are we getting the following CICS error, regardless of the user:

ERZ030051W 0001 : Unable to validate the password received with userid ”some_user”

Any ideas on how to remedy this? Thanks!

The error returned is associated with the CICS User Definitions (run 'cicsget -c ud –l' from where your CICS Regions are located). Usually you will have a guest account (default user/pass = guest/guest) and a CICSUSER account. However I’ve never used host authentication with CICS, so I can’t help you here.
The registry string UseHostLoginForMIMS for the key ..\mware\4.16\Login is set to true for disabling the Ellipse user/pass and enabling the Host user/pass fields in the win32 program mlog.exe (Ellipse login screen). I have not used MIMSJ.dll either so I'm not sure how this interacts with the Client installation - If it is anything like MIMSX.dll then you will be dependant on the Local Ellipse client settings.

So to answer your question, get your client to set you up with a Host user/pass for your application OR get them to ‘turn off Use Host Login’.

Drew

It seems they upgraded their backend at the same time and we needed a newer version of the MIMSJ.dll (1.09) which supports new connection parameters such as MIMSX_PARAM_TPUSERID and others.

So there was no way to make it work before! Thanks for the suggestions though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back