Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using fscommand("fullscreen","true") and loadMovie

Status
Not open for further replies.

gman5

Technical User
Jul 6, 2005
CA
If anyone could help me it would be most appreciated;

I am trying to load and external movie into my main movie but here`s the thing...I want my main movie to be fullscreen which is no problem

fscommand("fullscreen","true");

but I would like my movie that is being loaded to maintain its own resolution(which is set to 800x600).

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Thanks guys

I figured it out

fscommand("allowscale","false");

I am also trying to have my movie be shown full screen. Can you please tell me how you made your movie to play at full screen?

Melida

put these lines in the first frame of your movie...this will play full screen.

fscommand("fullscreen","true");
fscommand("allowscale","false");

make sure that you also put a button on the page with this script so you can close your page

myBtn.onPress = function()
{

fscommand("quit");

}

For some reason that didn't work for me.
Here is what I have:

I have an embedded video and a video player that controls the video all on one layer. I want to place a button in there so when I click on the button the whole thing goes full screen. I tried your code, but it didn't do anything at all.

Any other suggestions will be very helpful.

Thanks
M

fscommands are mainly used for projector files, not web use.

You'd have to open a fullscreen popup (if you want to eliminate the browser's toolbar & such...), or force resize the user's browser window (which I personally profoundly dislike...) to fullscreen, but in that case, stuck with the user's defined browser window features...

Regards. Affiliate Program - Web Hosting - Web Design
After 25,000 posts, banned on FK, but proud not to have bowed down to them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back