Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using FNE on Server Edition network 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluebells11

Technical User
Nov 6, 2007
US
As stated in the title I wish to use FNE services in an SE environment. I have all users built on our primary server and all calls come in/out via 2 V2s that have PRIs attached. If I set up a test user on a V2 with PRIs I can get the FNE to work as desired. Once I try to use a user on the server it fails.

Things I have tried...
Incoming call route on the V2 to short code that points to the line group that ties to the server, then relays the short code. On the server the same short code built as FNE 31. This does not work. I didn't expect it to, but it was worth a shot.

Phantom User on the server that default forwards to the short code for FNE 31. This also does not work

Incoming Call Route on the V2 to VM:appFNE which transfers to a short code for FNE 31. This (you guessed it) does not work either. I feel that this is my closest attempt, but that I am missing something in my vmpro module.

Any help would be appreciated.
BB

You should create ICR on the server for FNE services. Make sure mobility is enabled and matching the number you’re calling in with. Use line group 0. Setup a few today, it should be that simple.

Also make sure to enable 'one-x mobile client' on the users mobility tab

You only need "Mobile Call Control" enabled on the user for FNE codes to work.

On my setup I have an ICR on the gateway which points to 9931

Shortcode in gateway is 99XX / Dial / . / 99999 (Outgoing ID to SE)

On Server Edition my shortcode is 99XX / FNE / N / 0

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

OK, so I was close, very close.

End result is...

Gateway V2 - ICR directing calls to *778
Short Code of *778 / Dial / . / 99999 (this was my hiccup before, I used *778 instead of . )
Server - Short Code of *778 / FNE / 31 / 0

There is another option...

Gateway V2 - ICR directing calls to VM:appFNE
VMPro App that simply transfers to *778
Server - Short Code of *778 / FNE / 31 / 0

It turns out that while testing a different scenario a year ago or so my cell number was entered as the twinned number of another user leaving two instances of it in the system. I didn't realize it until this thread pointed out how it should work. My VMPro module would have worked had I not made this error. I am glad to have it working without VMPro though.

Thanks to all that replied!!
BB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back