Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

using F989 record a call

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdavid99

Technical User
Aug 9, 2004
US
is there a way to turn off the recording that says "This Call is being Recorded"?

Unfortunately no. Thats your insurance against violating the federal law against recording calls - it must be announced to the party on the other end of the call to remain legal.

That's only partially true. There are several exceptions one of which is attached and clearly doesn't require it to be announced. This is why it should be an option to enable or disable as the business needs.

"Business telephone" exception
The "business telephone" exception, which generally allows monitoring of calls and taping over an extension phone which is both provided to a subscriber in the ordinary course of a telephone company's business and is being used by that subscriber in the ordinary course of its business. This provision generally permits businesses to monitor the conversations of their employees, including personal conversations.

Interesting. I wasn't aware of that.

Parallax makes a 3rd party call recording system that integrates with Norstar/BCM. That system gives you the option to silently record.

But, there is no way to disable the announcement in the BCM.

true but look at the number of states which only require one party concent

States Requiring One Party Notification
Alabama
Alaska
Arizona
Arkansas
Colorado
District Of Columbia
Georgia
Hawaii
Idaho
Illinois
Indiana
Iowa
Kansas
Kentucky Louisiana
Maine
Minnesota
Mississippi
Missouri
Nebraska
Nevada
New Jersey
New Mexico
New York
North Carolina
North Dakota
Oklahoma Oregon
Ohio
Rhode Island
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Vermont
Virginia
West Virginia
Wisconsin
Wyoming

Probably explains the confusion on my part, since I'm in Michigan - one of the last states to "follow the crowd" so to speak. I think we have to notify both parties and their respective next of kin before we can call them, much less record them.

Just kidding. That may be a bit exaggerated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back