Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using Exchange to handle Internet Email

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsflee

Technical User
Jan 17, 2005
GB
Hi There,

Completely new to Exchange but have been given the task of getting our server up and running.

Bascially we have an Exchange 2000 server sitting on our LAN for the domain foldermatic.com which is currently being hosted by an isp. All is well sending mails from the exchange server but my problem is receiving mails to the foldermatic.com domain

I have pointed the DNS A record on the foldermatic.com ISP to the exhange server public ip address and set the MX record to the exchange server. e.g. server3.activedirectorydomain.com

my active directory domain is not foldermatic.com but exchange has been configured and all active directory users have a @foldermatic.com domain

can anyone give any tips/advice as to what i need to do so that foldermatic.com emails actually come to my exchange server?

Many Thanks.

A good place to start is your SMTP settings, specifically the properties of the SMTP virtual server. Check the 'access' tab and setup your external DNS servers in the 'delivery' tab.

FRCP

Have put in my external DNS server info in the delivery tab of the SMTP virtual server. Still no joy.. :-(

btw, thanks for all the help guys. Exchange is now fully functional!

Well, what was the problem, Dsflee?
What did you do to solve it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back