Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using ec500 to record phone calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

audra87

Programmer
Dec 15, 2005
US
hi, hoping someone can help me. We have Avaya 8730 and want to use ec500 and cell phones that need to record calls between field rep and patient. We use Onvicord recording system. We have a recorded DID setup and tested that it is recording. I changed the off pbx station mapping and put the assigned cell phone number in with the extension
I swore that when this was tested a month ago, we tested cell to cell with ec500 enabled and the call recorded.
trying to setup a user now and it's not working. Am I missing a step here?
Again, the ec500 feature is working, it's just not recording unless you use the actual phone with assigned DID number.
Any suggestions?
Am I crazy to say this worked??? help!!

I am unfamiliar with Onvicord, but I was able to do this with the NICE recording system by setting up a stand-alone recorded phone and then "Service Observing" the station/cell that I wanted to record. It has worked out fine as long as no one touches the stand-alone phone.

When calling Cell to Cell you need to call from the Cell to the DID for off-pbx-telephone feature-name-extensions "Idle Appearance Select"

CM then ties the incoming CLI/ANI of the Cell to the Station and then the call will break out to the PSTN via the PBX thus allowing the call to be recorded.

Thanks very much to both randyb19 and PBX. I have not tried the 'idle appearance select' will try that today. THANKS again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back