Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using Dual Monitors in PowerPoint

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpalmer150

Technical User
Jul 1, 2003
US
I'd like to use two separate screens during my presenation. I am familiar with Dual monitor capabilities in Windows and have 2 video cards in my machine. Does anyone know how I can show two different presenations at the same time so that I only need to click once to get both screens to advance?

Or could I have one screen show all odd numbers slides and the other even?

My goal is to have one screen show all graphics and the other show all text (Bullet points)

Problem with powerpoint is that it only projects one page at a time. I don't think there is any presentation program which can display two pages(slides) at once.

You need to run two powerpoint as seperate process but windows nor office will let you do that.

I would do following according my experience. There may be better way to do it.

[ul]
[li]Use two computers and one remote controller for presentation.[/li]
[li]Each computer runs powerpoint with different presentation.[/li]
[li]Each computer accepts the input from same remote controller.[/li]
[li]Therefore, you press only once to advance both presentation.[/li]
[/ul]

One OS to rule them all, One OS to find them,
One OS to bring them all... And in the GPL free them.

That certainly seems like it would work. What are you using as your remove? A wireless Mouse or something else?

How would I configure it to be read by both machines?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back