Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using DSO to manage cell-level security

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCC

Programmer
May 3, 2000
US
Hey,<br><br>I'm having a problem using the Decision Support Object in VB to limit users' views of the data.&nbsp;&nbsp;I have created a Visual Basic app. to set the permissions, but it isn't doing what I want it to do.&nbsp;&nbsp;Here's the permission expression:<br><br>sPermission = &quot;Iif(Ancestor(Current.Member, Mgr.Name = &quot;&quot;BobW&quot;&quot;, 1, 0)&quot;<br>dsoRole.SetPermissions &quot;CellRead&quot;, sPermission<br><br>If anyone can tell me why this isn't working, It would be very helpful. <p>Jackson C. Cooper<br><a href=mailto:jacksonc@orrcorp.com>jacksonc@orrcorp.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Jackson,

Your permission string should be in the following format:

&quot;Iif(Ancestor([DIMENSION_NAME].CurrentMember,[LEVEL_NAME]).Name=&quot;&quot;MEMBER_NAME&quot;&quot;),1,0)&quot;

As an example on the Foodmart sample database, the following statement would limit access only to those members in the Customers dimension below the &quot;BC&quot; State Province in Canada:

&quot;Iif(Ancestor([Customers].CurrentMember,[State Province]).Name=&quot;&quot;BC&quot;&quot;,1,0)&quot;

Hope his helps,
Jason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back