Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using DIRCODE in Lookup.ini

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris1603

Technical User
Feb 24, 2003
GB
Is there a way of using DIRCODE in lookup.ini? I have two groups of users using separate databases with separate rules on curtaining but with only one lookup.ini I am getting the rules mixed up. I have populated a field (USERDEF03) with "INT" for one group and Blank for the other. My lookup.ini looks for first 3 characters of a concatenation of USERDEF03 and ZIP fields and this works well for existing records but as new records don't have a USERDEF03 entry it fails. I am looking for a way to say:

If DIRCODE = "MINT"
then USERDEF03 = "INT"
else USERDEF03 = ""

Is there a way?

Richard,

I should have said I have two Contact Sets rather than two databases. &SYSDIR gives the same result for both Contact Sets, "\\Server\GoldMine\" so I still cannot distinguish between them.

Any other thoughts?

Regards Chris

Richard,

I followed your logic further and found &COMMONDIR which does differentiate them.

Thanks,
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back