Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using Destination Unmanaged Disk - CE 9 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessebo

IS-IT--Management
Jan 19, 2001
US
I want to be able to run a report and deposit it into a folder on the network with the following path: \\Hippo\Shared\Operations. When I set the destination and click on Update the slashes change direction. I then schedule it and it Fails with the error
Error Message:
destination file error. CrystalEnterprise.DiskUnmanaged:

Can I place the file into a network folder or can I only put it on a local folder on the Crystal Enterprise server?

Did you enable the Unmanaged Disk Destination through the CMC?

~Brian

Yes, it has been enabled for a while.

Did you try entering[/] the path with forward slashes?

It automatically changes the slashes to forward slashes anyway so it doesn't matter how you enter them. I think I can only save the reports locally on the server with CE9.

I am thinking that entering the forward slashes will let CE use what you've entered. Just because the display changes is no guarantee your original input didn't get saved. Unlikely, but a possibility. The CE9 admin manual suggests you can use UNC for destinations, but I believe the correct format is with forward slashes.

You should also consider access permissions on the destination.

Bessebo - we had the same trouble with our 8.5 and it had more to do with the shared permissions of the folder and the user name/domain name used. We could not use the default - we had to create a network domain user complete with it's own password and permissions. Currently we're upgrading to CE10 and now our user has to be an AD user as well. Sheesh! What will they think of next [nosmiley]

DaBuggs
[ponytails]

DaBuggs,
You are the man! I put in a username and password of a user that had proper privileges and it works like a charm. If you put in a specific filename it just writes over that file if you run it again. If you take the default filename then it will save copies every time you run the job. This actually opens up various options for me. Thank you so much.

Bessebo

Great!! Glad to be of help. So many others have helped me out here.

Oh, and, I'd be the WOman! [blush]

DaBuggs
[ponytails]

Sorry! You are the WOMAN! I don't know why I just assumed that you were a man. Thanks again for the help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back