Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using Custom Functions in a Template in Version 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

hhiebert

MIS
Feb 28, 2003
CA
Has anybody had any experience with this?

I'm trying to create a template that has a few common fields...such as FromDate, Todate, FileName. What I did was created 3 template field objects and then added a reference in them to the Common Function in the repository. Works great in the template report however when I apply it to another report as a template the field objects are replaced with fields from the report. The FromDate, ToDate, Filename logic gets completely wiped out.

Has anybody worked with templates at all? Do you know of a workaround for this? Or...anybody have recommendations for what to add, not add in a template report.

I'm curious about this as well. Have you found anything out since you posted?

I've found out absolutely nothing. Crystal Decisions has had nothing to offer and I haven't been able to find anything on the web.

I ended up creating a .rpt file that just holds common formulas containing these fields and grab formulas from this file as required. Old school method.

Helen

hh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back