Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using Crystal Reports with Goldmine

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksanim

Programmer
Jul 4, 2003
US
I recently created a report in Crystal Reports 9 containing data from Goldmine projects and contacts. My client informed me that in order to print a CR file within Goldmine, I need Crystal Reports 8.5. Is this true?

All I know is that when I try to print the version 9 file from Goldmine I get an error message about an "unsupported table".

Thanks.

I've also read that Crystal 9 isn't currently supported for GM; there may be something on either the Frontrange or Crystal Decisions site which will confirm this for you but I couldn't find anything at first glance I'm afraid.

Dave

You could move the Crystal 9 DLLs into the GoldMine directory and then it would technically work, however, the real issue is that Crystal 9 applies its own Autolinking that you can not switch off. This will lead to mismatches of data if your running multiple table reports.

So in essense theres a much bigger problem than just printing its the linking thats the bugbear.

Regards,

Richard.
PRIOR Analytics UK

richardy,

Thanks for the reply. The cpre32.dll was in the Goldmine directory and I did modify the table links for the Crystal Report file before noticing the error message. Are there other .dlls I need to copy?

When generating the report in Crystal 9, the table links I modified stayed intact. When I try to run the report from Goldmine, shouldn't it use these links?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back