Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using Crystal Reports 8.5 for Active Directory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dilbert1

MIS
Apr 8, 2002
US
I have Crystal Reports Developer v8.5. I would be able to generate custom reports from our Active Directory.

Does anyone know how to do this? All I want to do is list users in groups, list printers in our network, list PCs and Servers in our network, etc, etc.

I have been on the phone with Crystal Decisions for months and have not gotten an answer.

Kevin

Have you had any luck finding an answer to this?

minorje: Thanks for the reply. I hadn't checked it in a while since I hadn't been getting any feedback. Here's what I have found:

Under "More Data Sources", "Active Data", "Active Data (ADO)", you can enter on the top for "ADO ODBC:" ADSDSOObject. Then click the ADO and OLE DB and for Data Link properties, scroll down and select "OLE DB Provider for Microsoft Directory Services". Then type in the the SQL statement (SELECT * FROM 'LDAP://DOMAIN' WHERE OBJECTCLASS = 'GROUP').

New problem: The only item I can pull up is Name.

Any ideas how to get more information???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back