Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using CRAXDRT for format formulas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lester50

Programmer
Apr 5, 2001
US
I know how to use CRAXDRT to change user formulas at runtime.

Does anyone know how to read or change the 'formatting' formula for a specific object via CRAXDRT - or if it is even possible? (These are the formulas normally entered in the 'Format Editor' such as the Suppress Formula, the Font Color formula, etc.?)

Example: I would like to use CRAXDRT to set the font color formula for {customer.YTDSales} at the time I execute the report based on the situation at the time it is run. The formula would be based on fields not in the report, and while I can think of ways to work around the problem, like setting user formulas and having the formatting formula point to a user formula, I am curious as to whether these formatting formulas are exposed and can be read or set at run time via the CRAXDRT, or only using the CR designer itself.

Thanks. jlester@lester.com

lester50: Unfortunately I don't think it is possible to access the format formulas via Craxdrt. I'll double check and if I find anything post again. David C. Monks
david.monks@chase-international.com
Accredited Crystal Decisions Enterprise Partner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back