Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

USING COUNT in Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

krisboy

Technical User
Mar 4, 2002
AU
Afternoon all!

I'm trying to use the COUNT function to display the number of records in a group footer on a report where values in one of the fields = 1. In short, does anyone know how to specify criteria in a group footer using COUNT?

I've looked briefly at using DCOUNT, but this gave a result from the source table, rather than from the group that I need to show the result for....

Cheers.

Chris.

I tried realy quick on a table that I played with and this is what you do in the control source of the footer field:

=Count([detail table_field])

I don't suppose you (or anyone) could elaborate on that a bit - i'm only a mere Access rookie, and I still can't get it working... Every time I try any kind of COUNT expression, I get the total number of records for the group, rather than the number of specified records.

Many Thanks.

Chris.

Ok. I think I know what you want. You want to only count the number of times the field has a "1" in it. Is this correct? If so, try this in the control source property in your footer field:

=sum(iif([field_name]=1,1,0))

That works beautifully....!!

You're a genius and a gentleman...!

Cheers.

Chris.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back