Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using CO trunks between IP networked systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

nightwolf91

Technical User
May 8, 2004
US
Hi,

I have a UCP600 & 2 eMG80 systems connected using IP Networking. I can call extension to extension between systems.
What I would like to do is have the two eMG80 systems use the sip trunks at the UCP600 for outgoing calls by dialing 9 and not access the
analog trunks on the eMG80 systems. The analog trunks would be just for incoming calls. I am not sure what I need to program in
order to get this to work without messing things up.

Can anyone advise if they have done this before.

Thanks,

nightwolf91

Once more you can use the feature CO call rerouting.
In the UCP send the calls from the CO group from eMG to the CO group with the sip
lines from the provider.

In this example a call from CO group 2 beginning with 9 is send to CO group 1.
Co groups 1 must be the co group to the sip provider.

Co_call_rerouting_zypfpa.png

Thanks xs650.
I thought I might have to make changes to Pgm 324 but I didn't want to make changes to it now that I have the extension to extension calling working. I will try what you have suggested in Pgm 252. This setup is between three schools in three different towns.

nightwolf91

I am pretty sure that you can use pgm 324 or LCR for this but
for pgm 324 you need a networking license.

Hi xs650,

Thanks for your replies.

I have a networking licence in all three systems. I'll try some experimenting. I just have to be careful what I change in programming now that the schools are open again with teachers and students back from summer vacation.

nightwolf91

Sorry to hijack this conversation but any hint to do the same between eMG80 and MG100? In my case i would like to use eMG80 CO across network from MG100 (network is up and running) I've tried myself and i managed to get the CO line opened on the eMG80 from a station attached to the MG100. I can hear the line tone but i cannot dial any number (keep hearing the free line tone)
thanks

Hello
we decided to upgrade the main site PBX from MG100 to eMG800.
So far so good... but we cannot manage to get out from the eMG80 CO from the eMG800 via network. We can talk to eMG80 station but we cannot take a CO.
For example i've tried this conf:

eMG800
PGM140: VOIU - DID - Common - CO Group 20
PGM322: Networking CO Gourp: 20 , Line Type NET, Interworking system IPECS
PGM 324:
NET 40 20 ip_emg80 0 ip_emg80 5588 No No NET OFF OFF No No 0 OFF 0 OFF

eMG80:
PGM140: VOIU - DID - Common - CO Group 20
PGM322:
1-8 Networking CO Gourp: 1, Line Type PSTN
9-10 Networking CO Gourp: 20 , Line Type NET
PGM 324:
PSTN 40 1 0 ip_emg800 5588 No Yes NET OFF OFF No No 0 OFF

with this configuration i have this behaviuor:
dial 40: i hear the free line tone, but digits are not passed.
dial 40123456789: via DEBUG i see this
[DEBUG] 297 013 00:00:00 24/10/17 22:17 O402345678912345678 (so he repeat the number after 40 two times but the first it miss the first number and during the second repeat truncate the last number)
any hint?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back