Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using Charts in reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireViking

Programmer
Jun 29, 2001
AU
Hi all,
I must be one of these people that try and do things the hard way all the time.
This I hope will help others.
I created a table with 2 fields(Region and Invoices Issued) specifically for the data to be used in the chart.
Then used a query in the report_open() section to give me a sum of all Invoices issued for that region within a specific time frame.
I then used the rs.edit and rs.update to place the new data into the relavent feild of the table.
Finally bound the chart to the table and wulla, there you have it, a chart displaying the data I wanted.
If anyone wants any specifics let me know.

cheers.

There are some Help files available for Graph8 (the resident Access graph package) in the ValuePack available in Service Pack 1. If you have access to the MS Office CD look for Valupack\Valupk8.hlp, double click and a master help file opens. Choose "Additional Help Files".

The info in these help files will show you the commands for various chart manipulations using code.

mscraig@northropgrumman.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back