Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using CFIF to filter 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

monoone

Programmer
May 24, 2002
US
Hello;

I have to create a quick fix in order to output a special item.

So,

I want to do this:

If the field iContent has ONLY ** in the field, it will not show. BUT, if the field has ** more text. It will show.

Can I do this with CFIF?

Many thanks,

Eric

Not sure i understand exactly what you wanted but this should work. * needs to be in "quotes"

<cfoutput>
<cfif iContent<>'**'>
#iContent#
</cfif>
</cfoutput>

Hope this helps

Close...

Code:
<cfif icontent is not "**">show it</cfif>

ALFII.com
---------------------
If this post answered or helped to answer your question, please reply with such so that forum members with a similar question will know to use this advice.

BradGetKin, welcome to Tek-Tips... enjoy your stay..

I'd guess that you're new to coldfusion, you cannot use brackets inside tags.. and the preferred quotation for cold fusion is usually ".. So in order to quote a quote you can say '"' or "[red]""[/red]" (double the quotes).

Good of you to help though, and I wasn't trying to step on your toes, have a star for the effort and enjoy your day.

Tony

ALFII.com
---------------------
If this post answered or helped to answer your question, please reply with such so that forum members with a similar question will know to use this advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back