Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using centrex forwarding via external VoiceMail

Status
Not open for further replies.

inkkspot

Programmer
Aug 22, 2005
US
I have a Magix R 4.0 with an Amanda@workgroup.windows voicemail connected via 4 ports on an 016 T/R card. What I would like to do is create centrex transfer mailboxes to forward calls to agents cel phones(it's a real estate agency). I have used this same VM with partner systems and I am able to do this utilizing a VM dial token in the Amanda. It makes the port execute a recall, then dial #03(has the partner system execute a recall) then dial 9 and the necessary number. Obviously #03 does not work on the Magix but noone has been able to give me the equivalent for the Magix. I have tried to have my voice mail perform both recalls but that doesn't seem to work. Is there something restrictive in the Magix that prevents me from doing this? They only have three outside lines so remote forwarding is not really an option. They went with the Magix because they are using DIDs. Thanks.

This can be done if you can do the following:

That is, can you program an extension as a Personal Operator.

Once that is done, you can set the PO Extension up to use CENTREX FORWARDING to the cell phone.

If this was a Merlin Mail or Merlin Messaging, the REAL MAIL BOX would say something like:

"I'm not in press 1 to leave a message or ZERO to call me on my cell."

the problem i'm having is the actual centrex forwarding. I can manually forward using the recall button so i know i can do it using a tdl phone. However i am unable to create the recall using a t/r port(the vm port). I don't need a po because my vm allows every mb to use selector codes 0-9.
for instance a partner system using this feature at x15 in the mb i would link selector code 1 with mb 515 and in the ext field (where you normally put the ext you want to ring from the auto attndt) i build a token (@F-#03-9,xxxxxxxxxx---H)
@=stop and process token
F=hookswitch flash(recall)
-=.5 sec pause
#03= feature 03 on a partner system for an analog device
-=.5 sec pause
9=9
,=1 sec pause
xxxxxxxxxx=desired phone # to transfer to
---=1.5 sec pause
H=hangup

So i can duplicate this i just need to know the equivalent of #03 for a magix t/r port. I tried to have my vm do both recalls but it didn't like it. My supplier tech support is pretty much worthless and my company doesn't pay avaya for support. any ideas would be appreciated.

Well, you can do it the way I suggested by using one of your selector codes to transfer to an extension that is centrex forwarded, rather than trying to get the mail port to do it.

You can use a Phantom Extension for this, you just have to program it with forward and Trunk to Trunk permissions.

Also, you would have to use auth code to set up the forwarding as well.

But, it will work, just not the way you do it in Partner.

If i set it up to forward with trunk to trunk i am in effect not doing a centrex transfer and i am tieing up 2 of my 3 lines for one call or am i missing something? i don't need it to work exactly like my partner app that was just a for instance. i was hoping to be able to customize my token to accomodate the magix. Forgive my ignorance but the only remote forwarding i have done on a legend/magix was on a larger system and i just used trunk to trunk. also i had a forward button on the phone. how do you forward a phantom extension?

Not really, it will do a CENTREX Transfer/Forward.

The Trunk to Trunk permissions is something you may have to do to make it work.

It's just a Legend/Magix thing. Don't get me started!

Cool but how do you forward a phantom extension?

As I said:

Also, you would have to use auth code to set up the forwarding as well.

Explore that feature (Auth Code) and if you still have questsions, repost.

In a nutshell:

Program an Auth Code for a Phantom Extension.

At any REAL Extension, program an AUTH CODE BUTTON.

At that REAL EXT, press the Auth Code Button, dial the Auth Code for the Phantom, Press the Auth Code again.

Then dial *33, *, "the nubmber to foward to" and then dial #.

You should get confirmation tone at that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back