Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using Cat5e cable for a phone line using a RJ45 wiring jack help required

Status
Not open for further replies.

thehive

IS-IT--Management
Feb 10, 2012
CA
Hi I need some help!!
In my home there is cat5e cable that goes to my wiring closet from my office and I would like to connect it to be used a phone taping into the phone jack in my wiring closet that is active.

I need some help on the wiring of this using the Cat5e cable, one end with the RJ45 Cat5e jack that support the RJ11 jack and the other end connecting to my phone jack in the wiring closet.

Thanks

I am using the Leviton jack do I wire the Cat5e Leviton jack to 568A? or? and then which pair do I connect on the phone jack in the wiring closet?

You really should proof read your post before you click send.

Are you saying you want to tap into this cable. Is it in use?

What are you connecting it to?

Marv

Use the blue pair - connect the blue pair at both ends and test

I figured it out
Thanks all

On the Leviton Cat5e jack I wired the Cat5e cable as 568A, then in my wiring closet where the main phone jack connection is, I connected from the cat5e cable the blue/white to the red wire terminal in the phone jack, and cat5e blue to green wire terminal in the phone jack

Not that it matters, but you just reversed the pair.

LkEErie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back