Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using BCC in Outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.

MDJ52

MIS
Mar 30, 2001
US
I have tried to search for this, with no success.
I have to send out some mass emails using Outlook 2003. This will go to approximately 100 people, some internal employees, some external contacts.
I do not wish for everyone to see everyone else's addresses. I know the best way to solve this problem is to set the 'TO' to myself and put everyone else into 'BCC'. This works great but causes an additional problem.
When I go to my sent folder to look back at the message, the BCC field does not show in the sent files.
Is there any way to display not just 'TO' and 'CC' in the sent folder, but also display 'BCC'.
Thanks for your help

Sent items, Right click on any of the current headers such as "To" and then choose Customize Current View, click on the fields box and then in the drop down box change to address fields, BCC should be there to choose to add to the view

Now it doesnt actually show you in the sent items the names of the BCCs but once you have sorted it does sort them as though it can be seen, you can enter the e-mail and see the BCC addressees and AFAIK that's about the best you can expect such as if you sort descending the top ones will have a BCC in them

Regards, Phil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back