Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using Backupassist, can anyone help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

djpedrick

MIS
Jul 26, 2005
US
I have run into a snag with Backupassist, a backup software we have purchased. I will skip the details about why I am having to do some backups that are just a single folder. So let me explain. I have three different folders I am trying to back up. I can get a full backup without issue, but on one of the folders it will not do an incremental backup. It keeps throwing the error, I do not have access. As soon as I change the incremental to a full backup it runs no problem. For now I will continue running it as a full, but would like any advice how to correct this problem. Thanks in advance all.

DJ

What are your backup user identity settings? Are they set to the administrator user?

The Backup user is set to administrator. Still can't figure this out. I am backing up several other Snap drives without any issue, other than bandwidth. I need about a 500% increase lol.

DJ

How about looking at the folder security settings. Do you have admin rights to the folder and subdirectories?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back