Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using Avaya Softphones with Huntgroups

Status
Not open for further replies.

MTGump64

IS-IT--Management
Sep 13, 2017
US
We have an IP Office 500 V2 with defined hunt groups. We have tested the use of IP Office Softphones with users of a hunt group and verified that users are able to receive group calls when logged into the group. What I am trying to find is the ability for the user to logout of the hunt group from the Softphone app. I don't see that feature, however, DND is available and does prevent a call going to the user if DND is enabled, but I would like a way to provide a logout of the hunt group. Can someone help?

If you are using IX Workplace on a Mobile Phone, you will have a toggle in and out of hunt groups.
Just tap the 3 dashes in the upper left to show the menu. Hunt Groups will be at the bottom.

I installed IX Workplace on a Windows VM, and I do see the hunt group options there as well.
It's located under the 3 dashes, bottom right.. next to the Audi Video button.

You can see the hunt groups you belong to and toggle in and out via the check boxes.

Thanks for the replies

Travis, we are using the Softphone app and not the IX Workplace. We will try the IX Workplace.

One ore thing.. once you get this setup, you will need to go the user's profile/menu Programming/ and toggle on "Can change Hunt Group" for each user that will have this ability.

Travis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back