Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using AutoAttendant For Offsite Forwarding and Hunting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renfroe123

IS-IT--Management
May 20, 2010
US
I am trying to find a way to replace our answering service to allow callers to be automatically directed to an on-call person. We are already using auto attendant after hours to direct callers to different mailboxes, but I would like to give that caller the option to press ?? if they need to speak to an on call employee. Then, auto attendant would transfer them to the first external number in a series of numbers that I designate. If that person is not available (busy or no answer) I want their call to be redirected to the next cell phone, and so on. Ideally the caller would stay on hold this entire time instead of listening to it ring but that is not absolutely necessary. I realize that voicemail may be an issue there, and I can only remove it on one of these phones (the other ones are personal).

Would it be possible to put a hunt group in the CCR tree? I know hunt groups can only call DNs, but can I set up DNs to dial out to external numbers and have the hunt group call those DNs sequentially? My only doubt about this is how the hunt group would respond when the cell phone voicemail picks up. I wish there was a way to set up the vmail box bup remote notify but have it park the caller on the line until the remote notify got through to someone and then it connected the caller through to that person. If my hunt group suggestion is a viable alternative, is it possible to set up a hunt group so the caller is automatically placed on hold until the hunt group gets an answer. That way they aren't sitting there listening to the phone ring.

Any suggestions? Thanks very much for your help. I am no expert, but I know you guys are!

From the Mailbox a user can press 7 for OUTBOUND Transfer.
It just has to be enabled on the Class of Service and Outdial setup in the mailbox. The user can then schedule and assign the number to be dial.

KE407122
'Who is this guy named Lo Cel and why does he keep paging me?'

I could also set up an external transfer in the CCR tree but it won't cascade through numbers like I want. I am trying to find a way to set up a connection in the CCR tree that will cascade through numbers until it finds someone that can answer the call. Ideally it would put the caller on hold the whole time but I guess that isn't neccessary.

In the CCR tree it will only dial one number for each path so what you are trying to do will not work and I don't see any alternative. What would work is if the number that the CCR transfers to has numbers in a hunt, like an answering service. But to dial several numbers after the caller presses a and selectes 1-8 in the CCR wont work.

So is it possible to have the CCR transfer the caller to a hunt group (I know you can do this part) and then have the hunt group dial external cell phone numbers is sequential order? I know I could have the CCR transfer the caller to a hunt group and have the hunt group dial a series of DNs until it reaches someone, but I don't know how to set up a hunt group to dial externally.

What kind, release bcm do you have? This sounds like a job for Find Me Follow Me.

As to your previous question, a hunt group won't work, because HG calls don't forward. Unless you go crazy and loop analog extensions to lines and then redirect the lines to the external numbers. AFter doing some research Find me follow me won't cascade, only simultaneously ring external numbers. The craziness might be your only option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back