Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

using ASP to authenticate to iPlanet LDAP server

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlanCh

MIS
Aug 21, 2001
CA
Hello,
I currently have an ASP application running on a Win2003 box, with just IIS. I currently have accounts on this box for authentication, but would like to make users authenticate to our LDAP server, which is iPlanet's Directory Server v.5.1 running on a Unix box.

Does anyone have an example page (in asp) that would authenticate users? Also, what would stop users from going directly to an existing asp page and bypassing this authentication? Would I have to do anything to the existing pages to make this work?

I'm not sure how this would work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

mpermberton,

Thanks for your post. I've been sidetracked on another project, but I will try this out soon.

Hi mpemberton,
I have only recently checked out your link that you provided. I don't see any code pertaining to getting an ASP page on an IIS server to authenticate to an iPlanet LDAP.

Do you have any further information?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back