Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using Apache

Status
Not open for further replies.

nwyork

Programmer
Oct 23, 2004
US
I'm new to server software and don't know how to use it. I installed Apache2 and I'm not sure how to use it. I'm able to use my PERL CGI scripts, but I'm not sure if I'm using IIS 5.0 or Apache2 to do this.
When I test Apache2 configuration I get:
C:\ -w -d "C:\-D SSL -t
I think it is installed and configured correctly, but when I click on apache monitor service I only can get "services" option. How do I get the "start" option to be enabled? I think I have IIS 5.0 and Apache2 both on Port 80. Wouldn't it give me an error if they were both on Port 80? Anybody that can point me North would help me greatly.

Thanks in Advance
Nick

I just ran a script printenv.pl that came with the Apache2 installation that showed I'm using IIS 5.0. So I'm changing my question to how do I use Apache2 as my server software instead of IIS? Do I need to configure my IIS to run on a different port number, and change the configuration on the httpd.conf file?

Thanks in Advance,
Nick

Go to the services part, and change the IIS to not to start, and vice versa, change the Apache to start, do not recall the actual verbage, but it shows up in your options.

I completely uninstalled IIS, but I don't see Apache as a service. Any suggestions on how to make it a service or locate it to start it?

Thanks in Advance,
Nick

I recall that as an option to install as a service. Look for the apachectl script startup file.

I got it working! I checked the instructions in install.txt for /bin/apache -k install and /bin/apache/ -k start. I wasn't even starting the service, but my httpd.conf file was ok. Thanks for the help of pointing me in the right direction of finding out why I didn't have a service running for apache.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back