Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using an Outlook 97 pst file with Outlook 2002

Status
Not open for further replies.

EthanVos

Technical User
Nov 14, 2002
CA
Good afternoon all.

In order to keep all my contacts I copied the pst file from my desktop with Outlook 97 and installed it on a nootebook with Outlook 2002. I changed the Outlook 2002 pst to "old" so I still have it.

I can see the data when I click the contacts icon but I cannot call up the email addresses when I want to send and email. I can still see all my saved email's from the desktop too.

What did I do wrong, and what can I do to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

Ethan

I think you may have to go into the properties of the contacts while in outlook and I believe their is an option that you have to select to "view in outlook address book". Sorry i'm not in front of a workstation that has outlook2002 so I don't know the exact tab that hides this, but I believe there is a property setting that is hiding this from the outlook address book and you have to uncheck it.

Let me know how you make out.

I found what you mentioned and checked the box but it didn't help.

Thanks.

Ethan

Try exiting outlook, rebooting. There may be some articles on this from the Microsoft website. If I see any I will pass them on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back