Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using Access 97 database with Office 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

atadbitslow

Programmer
Feb 26, 2001
US
I am about to upgrade our systems to Office 2000, but I want to keep our database in Access 97 for now. I understand that this can be done, but I was wondering if other people have done this and if there are any things to watch out for or any problems they have run into.

Thanks for any suggestions or tips!

Some problems with code, but not usually.
You can't get into the design of the database, but you can enter data, edit data, etc. You need to keep Access 97 on the DBA's machine.
techsupportgirl@home.com
Brainbench MVP for Microsoft Word

If you purchased OEM software and are upgrading to 2000, you will not be able to keep them in 97. You cannot keep 97 programs when you upgrade. Something MS doesn't tell you until it is too late.

I disagree with cshake. Just install it to a different directory. You may get an error about 97 not being licensed, but there are fixes available for that--and lots of people are aware of the fix. Let me know. If it's a concern for you, I'll post the url.
techsupportgirl@home.com
Brainbench MVP for Microsoft Word

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back