Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using Access 2002 web data pages in Access 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulfenwick

Technical User
Sep 16, 2004
GB
Hi - on reading the help files, it seems to suggest that you can use an Access 2000 web page on a system with Access 2000 but that you wont be able to edit the design in Access 2000 (that would be OK for what I want).

I have tried this though and cant seem to get it to work - even after installing the Office web compents (OWC10) like it suggests in the info message when the page is loaded on the 2000 system.

Does anyone have any suggestions

Thanks

You created a page under Access 2002? Was the database in 2000 or 2002 format? Then you move to 2000 - in what way? Have you changed the database back to 2000 format? What version of Access (as distinct from Jet) shouldn't make any difference because Data Access Pages don't use Access. They use the Office Web component (DAC?) as you pointed out.

What actually happens when you press the button?

Hi Mike thanks for the help.

I created the database in 2002 with a grouped data access page for data entry. Then I linked this page to a copy of the same database converted to 2000 and it all works fine on a system with 2002 installed but on a system with 2000, I get the following message:

"Data Access Page Notification

This page requires the Microsoft Office Web Components.

See the Microsoft Office Web site for more information."

even after the web components are installed.

If the version of Access doesnt matter to data access pages that would be great I can built it in 2002/XP but how do I get the data access page to work on a system with windows 2000 / Office 2000?

I'm using Office 2002 against an Access 2000 format database but that's not the problem you've got, so I can't suggest a solution.

Which version of OWC have you downloaded on a office2k system ?
Try with the XP version.

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

Besure the latest version of MDACS has been loaded on the machine you are using the 2000 on. Also make sure that you are running IE6 with the latest service pack updates.

WN

Hi PVS/4946 - Thanks

I have tried both OWC10 and OWC11 and MDAC2.8 and am using IE6.

Any other suggestions?

Hi Paul,

Did you ever sort this problem?

I have exactly the same problem. The DB is developed in OfficeXP/2002 and most users are currently on office 2000 and Win2k PCs.

Why do Microsoft make everything twice as difficult as it should be.

Any ideas from anyopne would be appreciated, it's driving me slightly mad.

Oh it works on a small number of PC's and all have the same SP's patches applied...

Cheers

paul

Hi Vector

I have managed to sort the problem, dont know how but it works.

I uninstalled the OWC 10 that I downloaded from the web and installed a copy from an Office XP CD instead - this now works fine.

Maybe you can try the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back