Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using a USB printer for output

Status
Not open for further replies.

muthuivs

Technical User
Jan 30, 2006
CA
Does anyone know how to get a c++ program to output to a usb printer or at the very least an acrobat distiller? I am trying to use the following:

ofstream print;
print.open("lpt1:", ios::eek:ut);

print<<"blah blah blah";

but I guess I have a usb printer and not a lpt1 printer. PLease help...I am going crazy here!!! :)

MuthuIVS

Try something like usb001 - check your registry

I am printing to a RTF then maually printing the file. It seems to be easier especially porting it to a different compiler may be hell down the road. Thanks.

MuthuIVS

I don't really understand what you are trying to do.

RTF is a file format that keeps on changing. It is probably controlled by M$ but I'm not really sure. Word 6/95/97 used the 1.6 specification. Word 2000 uses 1.7 and Word XP uses 1.8. When you say printing to a RTF, are you really writing it out in RTF to a file?

I thought you were just trying to write directly to a USB port.

I was trying to print to a usb printer but I didn't know how so I out put the results to a rtf then get the user to print from there. I gave up trying to print sirectly :(

MuthuIVS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back