Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using a PDF to print from an ASP Page

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeepxo

Programmer
Oct 1, 2002
CA
Here is my scenario. We have a desktop application that was created with File Maker Pro. We are creating a Web Application based on this and have moved to ASP and Oracle because of the volume of data that will be stored in it.

I would like to keep the "printed" pages looking identicle to the FMP pages so I have created PDF's of each of them. I've never used a PDF this way so it's completely new to me.

What I would like to do is preseed some text boxes in the PDF page with information from an ASP page so that the end user can print it. I would also like to make the text boxes not editable for the end user. The only way the text changes in the PDF is if they enter new or different data on the ASP page.

I've been through Adobe's forums and can't find any examples where someone fills textboxes on a PDF from ASP. If someone could point me in the right direction or give me a snippet of code to demonstrate filling a PDF from ASP it would be greatly appreciated.

"Every day is like a precious gift, you have to make it count" James Birrell 1993-2001

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back