Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using a form to choose data without updating a table or query 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jowens

MIS
Aug 8, 2002
CN
This is probably a very simple problem, but I've run into a brick wall here and haven't been able to find the solution anywhere... I probably am just searching on the wrong keywords.

I have a form that has the user choose a customer ID from a combo box, which then populates another combo box of invoice numbers, both from the same table. I want the users to be able to choose a customer ID, look through available invoices for that customer, pick one and then click a button to run a report on that customer/invoice combo. This part works without a flaw.

The part that is troublesome is that the form always updates the first record by changing the CustomerID and InvoiceNo to whatever the user chooses when running their report.

Is there a way to use a form for this purpose without having the user's choices actually update the table data?

You probably used the wizard to make your comboboxes. Make your comboboxes unbound. Bring up the property sheet of the combobox and delete whatever is in Control Source.

I knew it was something extremely simple! That's solved the problem. Thanks so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back