Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using A Batch File To Change Txt In Notepad

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevenr

Technical User
Feb 21, 2001
GB
Is it possible to make a batch file to change the text of an HTML page so that I can make a change to many pages at once.

I'm probably in totally the wrong group,

I have a few web pages that I want to change the links on.

The idea is to have 30 pages of the same design but with different links

I've made a batch file to copy a main design and now need to change the links as their all pointing to the same place at the moment.

To save me going through all 30 pages and changing 18 links on each one, can i make a batch file or something else to do it for me.

I know i'm being lazy but it's so much quicker and easier.

Any help appreciated

Steve

Write a program in Java or C or any language that is easy for you. Give the file name as parameter and let the program do it..... If you were using unix I could give you a shell script to do it for you, but it seems you are using Windows.

Regards,
da Learner
`~*,*~`~*,*~`~*,*~`~*,*~`~*,*~`
In my beginning is my end...
~*,*~`~*,*~`~*,*~`~*,*~`~*,*~`​

Thanks for that, yes i'm using Windows.

I'm not too hot on programming, i'll give it a try

cheers
Steve

Another way is to use frames for your navigation which are supported on even the lowliest of hosting services.

If you have a decent hosting service, then you can avoid using frames, which IMO are terrible and bring with them all manner of problems, by using Active Server Pages or Server Side Includes instead.

Just create your navigation page(s) and then include them in each page with a simple

Code:
<!-- #include file=&quot;top_nav.asp&quot; -->

Hope that helps... Ahdkaw
&quot;What would you expect from a bunch of monkeys?&quot;

Hi there,

Same design, different content??
Mayby you should get into XML.

Only too bad that only IE5.5+ supports it.

Mr. Dev

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back