Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

using 1140e sets for ACD agents

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbxgirltech

Programmer
Oct 9, 2006
US
i have a couple questions regarding the 1140s as agent sets (as 1150s are not being used any longer)....has anyone used an effective and cost efficient method for supervisor "listening" since this phone does not have the 2nd jack available? Also we use Symposium and Verint.... thus on the 3905s we had agent queue and POS on key 0 and users extension on key 1 and both were acquired and monitored, and MSB key 8, NRD key 9, ASP key 11; but some agents such as helpdesk had other extensions as well on keys that need to be maintained as well....the issue is that we can lose ASP but need to keep the rest....anyone have this same scenario and how do you have the 1140s programmed as far as MSB/NRD/ext.? apparently these sets only have 6 programmable keys, and vendor is saying only ones we can use are 0/1/2 as others are for ACD? If anyone could respond ASAP that would be greatly appreciated, as we are in urgent need of getting these issues addressed before proceeding!!!

Key question first: The only key of the line keys that has to be in a specific location is the ACD/Position ID key which has to be on key 0. There are 12 line keys (6 visible at a time). The shift key shows the alternate 6 keys. These keys are just like the first page and can have any feature except ACD/Position ID. The MSB/logout button can be on the second page as it is less used and not time sensitive. The Not Ready key should be on the front page as the need is sometimes time sensitive. Bottom line: MSB, non-time sensitive keys, and DN that is low use or outbound only are fine on page 2. If all else fails you can put an add-on module on an 1140.

As for the "training" mode, if the agent is using the headset port, the handset port could be used by a second headset. Alternately you could get a "Telephone Training Adapter" at Amazon.com. Typically from 5 to 10 dollars each.

Ask your vendor to provide you someone that knows how to program an 1140. Like effort said, you have 12 keys to play with 0-11, the only key that matter is O for ACD, the rest is up to you. Normally, it goes below, or use effort sugestion.

0 ACD
1 NRD
2 MSB
3 DN
4 2n DN or ASP
5 3rd DN or OBV for supervisor
6-11 adl or whatever features you like.

thank you so much! that's exactly what I was thinking, but since I haven't used in call center environment before I wanted to make sure I was correct!

We have never used 1150's for ACD, always 1140's if IP.

can the supervisor headset be muted if connected to the handset port? the majority of our headsets are smith corona quick disconnect cord type, so for that option I would think that we would need to also keep a cord connected that the SPV could just walk up and connect to? we thought about the adaptors but are trying to keep cost down as we have over 600 agent sets :). also I am not sure how connecting to the handset port would affect the symposium and/or verint aspects...does anyone know? I know we have to keep the handset off the sets to make it work right though

The handset only has to be off-hook during login. After that it can be on-hook.

The supervisor could carry a Y splitter (splits at the quick disconnect) and an inline mute that plugs into the quick disconnect. Google "telephone training adapter Y splitter" and "headset inline mute". This would be quick and easy for the supervisors.

This is for a training scenario. Where you can take 5 seconds to hookup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back