Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Uses of Personal CO Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

IS-IT--Management
Aug 6, 2002
US
What are the uses of adding a Personal CO Line?

I've seen them used in a case where the Boss has an extension of his home telephone terminating to his phone. If you make the TAC of the personal CO the same number of digits as the extensions in the switch you can actualkly use the auto attendant routing table in Audix to send calls to it into the mailbox for the set. Paul Beddows
Avaya Implementation
Telus
Vancouver, Canada
E-mail via

Personal C.O line is used to cease a perticular line (C.O)
to make outgoing calls or receive calls from a particular line on an extn.You can assign extensions which will
use the C.O (or T1 channel)line.Also a button is assigned named "per-coline" on the extension which will be used to access the particular C.O line.
hope this info is useful....
goacity

My TACis only 4 digits long. My exts are 5 digits. Anyone knows how to change the length of TAC from 4 to 5?

I don't think they can be 5 digits, 4 is the max I believe. If this is in response to my above post, re sending personal CO lines into audix, I should have said its desirable, not necessary, to make the TAC of personal CO lines the same length as extensions. I mean't, make them 3 or 4 digits in length instead of 2. If you want to send the id into Audix, you can still define the range in Audix as 4 digits even if the other extensions in Audix are 5. You can't have 2 digit extensions in Audix, which is why I suggest using 4 digit TAC's for personal CO's. Paul Beddows
Avaya Implementation
Telus
Vancouver, Canada
E-mail via

How do you make the TAC work? Will it really work as an access code? I've got analog stations in the same dept. as the 8410s that use a personal co line, but I can't access the line from the analog sets.
Thanks for your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back