Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

users with minimal admin rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

arshad1980

Technical User
May 20, 2003
SA
SIr,
Can i assign a user with minimal admin rights as creating users ,sharing ,changing security permissions.
I dont want that user to give administrator rights just minimum rights...

I don't understand your question. Please provide a little more info.

MCSE 2000
Computer Engineering Technology

Sir,
In our company there are 5,6 admins and I want all of them to give just creating user,changing security permissions on folder.... If i add them in domain admins group then they will get full rights as a normal administrator...
Plz guide...

There are two way you can go about this from the top of my head. First, you should have created OUs which is perfect for this situation. With OUs, you could delegate control to these admin and give them limited roles over the OUs. If you didn't create OUs and you are stuck with the domain, you will have to assign one of the server roles to these admin base on what task they are to perform. For example, you might want to make them a member of the backup operater, account operator, and so on. You can read up on what each of these role does from mcrosoft.com/technet.

MCSE 2000
Computer Engineering Technology

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back