Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Users Phone Goes Strait to Voicemail 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Typeo

IS-IT--Management
May 29, 2014
US
Hi all,

I have a phone that mysteriously started going strait to voice mail and I can not seem to get it resolved. I have unplugged the phone for around 5 minutes and plugged it back in and mad sure the SAC (send all calls) was disabled.

Any other ideas on what this might be? This is effecting both internal and external calls.

Thanks!

if you status the station does it show it is being forwarded? Usually you can see that on the 2nd status page of the station.

Not seeing it there, pictures below on the first two status pages, nothing is on the third page.

Link

Link

The "CF Destination Ext: 0" is that want normally shows on a station that is not going straight to voicemail?

The few other phones I just checked do not have anything listed there, it is left blank.

Could that be it? If so, how would I go about changing it?

Thanks!

From the console or a station with Console Permissions, dial the Call Forward Cancel code followed by the station number or go to the station and put in the cancel code.

Re-status the station when you're done. The CF fied should be blank.

Kevin

What would be the cancel code? I have googled it and came up with a few options (*00, 908) but none seem to do anything.

These phones are 6408D+

Thanks,
Jeryn Neill

NVM, I think I found it, but it doesn't seem to have done the trick.

To cancel Call Forwarding:
Press the Menu button and then the softkey be
low CFrwd (if available on your display)
while on-hook.
or, Press Call Fwd while on-hook.
or, Dial the Call Forward Ca
ncel code #2 while off-hook.
{confirmation tone}

I went to the phone having issues and hit #2, it gave the 3 short tones as the confirmation tones, but the problem still persists.

Thanks,
Jeryn Neill

Sorry cant edit the older post, but just wanted to say that CF Destination is still showing 0.

Thanks!

If you "display feature" can you verify that #2 is the FAC to remove call forwarding? Should be right on the first page of codes listed.

Deleting the extension from the system and putting it back in would remove the call forward.

- Stinney
"Scire ubi aliquid invenire possis, ea demum maxima pars eruditionis est"

"To know where to find anything is, after all, the greatest part of education"

You all rock!

That did the trick, looking up the display feature pulled up that it was actually #6, after doing that it started working properly.

Thank you all very much for the help!

Jeryn

Done,

thanks again for all the help everybody.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back