Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

User's mailbox locations

Status
Not open for further replies.

thorntonb

Technical User
Nov 8, 2002
IE
I have a list of 300 users with mailboxes on servers around the country. I need to find what server their Exchange mailbox is on. Is there any way of scripting that with
VBscript??
Brian B-)

This will loop thru the users in an Active Directory OU and give you their mail server. You can adapt it to what you need.

Set ADSrv = GetObject("LDAP://yourdomain.com/OU=UsersOU,DC=yourdomain,DC=com")

For Each user In ADSrv
wscript.echo user.msExchHomeServerName
next

Dana Hallenbeck

Sorry Dana I neglected to say that we are not using Active Directory and am still in an NT 4.0 Domain. Do you know of anyway of getting the users Exchange server given their Username.

Thanks for the reply,

Brian B-)

You could probably query the Exchange servers, but that would kind of defeat the purpose of this script.

Sorry...off hand, I can't think of anything. I will keep my eye out for a possible solution, though.

Dana Hallenbeck

does the full email address give any indication of the location?

if not when you sent an email to joebloggs@yourcompany.com how does it get from the main mail server @ yourcompany.com to mail servers around the country? ===============
Security Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back