Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Users Logon Logoff

Status
Not open for further replies.

bf2mad

Programmer
Nov 26, 2002
GB
Hi,

I am using MS Access 2000 and I have a problem that has been bugging me for I while.

I have a database that stores information on what agents have done to fix a problem (resolved it passed it to someone else etc)

I what to have a logon screen to the database where when the database is opened a form is displayed which automatically displays the users network name (win 2000) and finds the details for that agent e.g. full name etc, the agent then just click a button to log on.

When the database is closed they are automatically logged off.

The agents are currently stored in a table (names) which has the fields Id, username, display name, logged on.

The username field stores all of the agents win 2000 usernames and the logged on field is a simple Boolean tick box.

When the users logs on the system retrieves there network username and find the matching record using the username field. When the user clicks the button to logon the tick box (logged on) is ticked and when they exit it is unchecked.

Please can you help?

The more detail the better, if you have any better ideas on doing this please let me know

Many Thanks Phil

P.S.

I have got as far as displaying the users network name when the form is opened but not sure how I can find the matching record

Iwould like to know how did you resolve this, if you don't mind sharing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back