Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Users in Oracle Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

leiretxeberria

Programmer
Mar 2, 2003
ES
I would like to know how to get the username of the portal user that is in?

Hello leiretxeberria
for geting username from database you will get dba prevelage. use dba_users table to get eney user which is regester in this database in which you logon..
bye abidali .....

Hi!!

Thank you for you reply but I know that for get a user of the DB is possible to use dba_users table or show user command but I want to know the current user of Oracle Portal that it isn't the same that the user of the DB.

Bye

Do you need to get its name from his own session or from "outside"? You may look at v$session view, that lists all connected users. In stored procedure being executed you may use USER function, that returns user's name. Regards, Dima

You will have to use the API
PORTAL.wwctx_api.get_user()
to extract the User name. If you want to set the value to a field, then use the api
p_session.set_value_as_string(.......).
Plz search for the api in net for details. Otherwise plz. write me in address arup_royc@hotmail.com.

With Regards

Arup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back