Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

User's Group in NYC

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 21, 2003
US
Greetings all.

Can anyone recommend a good user's group in the city? Would you recommend joining one in general? What have your experiences have been?

I'm a mid-level manager running an IT operation with 100 users .

Thanks to all.

Big Man,

Users Groups are generally organised by industrial subgroup: Oracle Users Group, PC Users Group, Cisco Users Group, et cetera.

Your post gives us no clue as to what areas of interest you have. Let us know your technical/industrial areas of interest, and we can offer some UG suggestions.

[santa]Mufasa
(aka Dave of Sandy, Utah, USA)
[I provide low-cost, remote Database Administration services: www.dasages.com]

Fair enough. I currently work in a AD 2000 environment. So a group for Windows folks including Exchange would be helpful. Also, looking to beef up some mediocre Cisco skills.

I would also be open to some sort of group that focuses more on the management side of IT.

Hope this helps

For Users Groups for specific products, I recommend calling the corporate headquarters for each product and ask for the department that can provide user-group information for NYC.

For general topics, such as IT management, there are groups such as Association of Information Technology Professionals (AITP) (which has two NYC chapters), Association for Computing Machinery (ACM), and many others.

[santa]Mufasa
(aka Dave of Sandy, Utah, USA)
[I provide low-cost, remote Database Administration services: www.dasages.com]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back