Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Users getting locked out spontaneously

Status
Not open for further replies.

maff

MIS
Jul 5, 2000
GB
Visit site
Hi all,

Have a network of 300+ users using a mixture of NT4 Workstation and Mac OS 9 with NT Server 4 (1xPDC, 2xBDC, 1xStand alone).

User accounts are set to lock out after 3 failed attempts. Recently the amount of students getting locked out has increased alarmingly.

People have reported that they are being locked out whilst using the computer after logging on hours before.

A colleague of mine reckons he has resolved the problem on a few machines by removing the log on script (which purely maps drives and sets the home dirs).

Is this a network traffic problem or something else?

Any ideas...?

Matt ffolliott-Powell
maff_ffolliottpowell@yahoo.com
King of the wild frontier

Thank you for your suggestion above. I did this process - but I am still getting the same things. I am in the process of upgrading this server and migrating the data to it. I will make sure that I install all the security updates and service packs to plug any holes that might be present. I will see if this helps.

thanks again for everyones suggestions.

I fixed this issue by removing Spyware, TSR's, and other programs that run in the background.

Hope this helps
Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back