Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Users getting booted 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

belpepsi

MIS
Nov 27, 2001
US
We have a situation where users are getting the boot. Our setup is Win2k, MF 1.8 SP3 with following HotFixes: ME183W010, ME183W017, ME183W018. Not all users get booted out of the system but about 12 of 15 do. I (sysadmin) never get the boot. When a cascade boot occurs I notice in the system log events the following events that occurred at the time of the logouts.

Event Type: Information
Event Source: Application Popup
Event Category: None
Event ID: 26
Date: 11/28/2001
Time: 8:38:18 AM
User: N/A
Computer: DALMIS009
Description:
Application popup: Idle timer expired : Session has been idle over its time limit.
Logoff will start in 2 minutes.
Press any key now to continue session.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: TermServDevices
Event ID: 1103
Time: 8:39:36 AM
Description:
An internal communication error occurred. Redirected printing will no longer function.
Data:
0000: ba 06 00 00 d6 05 00 00 º...Ö...

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event ID: 7031
Time: 8:39:36 AM
Description:
The Print Spooler service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 60000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions pleas let me know.

Thank you

Stephen Fisher

I am not a Citrix expert..but you may want to check the user setting in Citrix (not the NT domain but the terminal settings) for the first error message..when I see this it is because I have implemented a time period for inactivity and the users have exceeded that

The second error message I have seen with printer drivers that W2K did not recognize..and to be honest I have been advised to ignore those by my consultants

The third error I have never seen.

Hope this helps

FYI..I have found this site to be really helpful..

Try WIN2000 SP2, this will help the Spooler error Is a dream a lie if it don't come true
Or is it something worse

Thank you for your replies. We have solved the initial problem and I will put the information and corrective actions that we used.
It turned out that it was actually a network problem that was causing our disconnects. We are using a Watchguard Firebox II in our central office with SOHO units in each of the remote offices. When we checked, we noticed that all of our network traffic between our remote sites and central office was going through the VPN connection and this included Citrix connections and printing in Citrix. This caused our VPN connection to get overloaded on the SOHO side and for the VPN connection to reset itself causing remote users to loose connectivity to Citrix server. We changed the user Citrix connection to use the internet instead and this corrected our issue with user disconnects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back